FI HFMA & Chicago Health Executive Forum's 2019 Managed Care Meeting
University Club Chicago
76 East Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603
- Frank Williams
- Frank Williams is the CEO and Co-Founder of Evolent Health (NYSE: EVH). Evolent helps physicians and health systems achieve superior performance through value-based care transformation with the ultimate objective to dramatically improve the health of the populations they serve. The company currently partners with leading health systems in more than 30 markets, manages over 3.1M lives under value-based arrangements and employs over 3,000 professionals nationwide. Named to the Forbes list of America’s Most Promising Companies in 2014 and 2015 and a Top 3 Employer Nationwide, Evolent is committed to transforming health care nationwide by changing the way health care is delivered.
- Prior to Evolent, Frank also served as Chairman and CEO of The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO), a global research and technology firm that serves more than 5,000 organizations across the health care and higher education sectors. During Frank's tenure as both its Chairman and CEO, The Advisory Board completed an initial public offering and grew to $450M+ in annual revenues with more than 2,500 employees and $2B+ in market capitalization.
- Art Jones, MD
- A pioneer in the accountable care organization movement, Dr. Arthur Jones has 27 years of “boots-on-the-ground” experience as the founding physician and CEO of Lawndale Christian Health Center — a large urban community health center on Chicago’s west side.
- Dr. Jones helped establish Lawndale as a model managed care organization in the forefront of delivering Medicaid services under a near global capitation payment system. During his tenure, the organization earned top ratings for financial performance and invested in innovations to improve the health of the uninsured. Its redesigned delivery model capitalizes on the efficiencies of electronic medical records, and its care coordinators are creating fully integrated medical homes. Dr. Jones has also served as chief medical officer for a Medicaid managed care company.
- Work is his home, and community health is his passion. Dr. Jones has lived in the disadvantaged community he has served since 1980. He “moonlights” as the chief medical officer for Medical Home Network — a foundation-funded demonstration project to improve the health status of low-income Chicago area residents by organizing providers to elevate quality, improve access, reduce costs and reinforce the medical home.
- Joel Shalowitz, MD, MBA
- Ran Kellogg's Health Industry Management Program and serving as a Professor of Medicine at Northwestern's Medical School;
- Co-founded and was the managing partner of a 20-member primary care group in the suburban Chicago area, where he practiced internal medicine for 21 years;
- Serving as a Consultant to healthcare systems, governments, pharmaceutical and medical device companies and associations;
- Won two Fulbright Scholarships (Toronto &Tokyo); and
- Published extensively in both medical journals and business publications such as Crain’s and Modern Healthcare.
More details and registration can be found here: http://www.cvent.com/events/fi-hfma-chicago-health-executive-forum-s-2019-managed-care-meeting/event-summary-674a64b05af34fc88e54b92a78782f42.aspx