HHS Startup Day Chicago - Healthbox Confirmed!
HIMSS’s recently acquired subsidiary Healthbox will join the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services in hosting HHS Startup Day Chicago at MATTER, located inside the Merchandise Mart on Thursday, May 24 2017, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm CDT.
The third stop on the multi-city tour, HHS Startup Day Chicago aims to connect healthcare entrepreneurs with federal government about the latest innovative digital health technology. “Lack of data can be a major hurdle in developing innovative solutions, which is why I am focused on liberating data throughout HHS so that startups can effectively tackle major health challenges,” stated Bruce Greenstein, the Department of Health and Human Services CTO. “That’s why we created Startup Day.”
Why attend HHS Startup Day Chicago?
- Watch the latest innovators in digital health pitch their ideas
- Hear from key decision-makers and speakers in the industry
- Learn more about FDA regulatory processes and how to engage with HHS for actionable outcomes
- Watch Healthbox close the all-day event with a brief presentation
Register here for the event before it sells out!
During HHS Startup Days, HHS opens their doors to startups and entrepreneurs in technology hubs across the country to demystify the vision, priorities, and processes of HHS. Further, attendees learn simple and actionable ways to engage with HHS. Chicago is the third stop on the HHS Startup Day tour, following Boston and Washington DC.
HHS Startup Day - Chicago will include:
- Speakers and key decision makers from departments within HHS, including the Chief Technology Officer Bruce Greenstein
- Local ecosystem leaders
- Pitch presentations from leading digital health startups
- An audience filled with innovators and health leaders
As they share on their IDEA Lab website, their target market is those companies and individuals that perform work in the digital health space or that align with HHS’ mission delivery. For instance, a digital health company that needs to learn more about FDA regulatory processes or another that sees the IHS as a potential customer.
- 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Registration
- 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Bruce Greenstein, Chief Technology Officer, HHS
- 10:30 AM - 12:10 PM: HHS Government Speakers
- 12:10 PM - 1:30 PM: Networking Lunch
- 1:30 PM - 2:15 PM: Speaker Session
- 2:15 PM - 3:50 PM: Company Pitches from Redox, PhysIQ, Livongo, Apervita, BehaveCare, and Collective Medical Technologies
- 3:50 PM - 4:00 PM: Neil Patel, President, Healthbox