Innovation in Cybersecurity…exploring blockchain and other considerations for healthcare
January 18, 2:00pm, CST - 5:00pm, CST
Location: 161 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60601, 40th floor
Join us to discuss innovation in Cybersecurity…exploring blockchain and other considerations for healthcare
- 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Check-in over coffee & refreshments
- 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM: Welcome & introductions, brief speaker point of view
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Panel discussion
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Networking
- Jay Schulman
- Jay is a Principal in the Security and Privacy Services @ RSM. He leads the Great Lakes security and privacy consulting practice. With over 20 years of experience in the information security field, he has led, managed and executed in a variety of security projects, including application security assessments, architecture reviews, security testing, regulatory compliance, security governance and risk management. Jay is a former business information security officer for a top-five global financial services company. He managed logical and physical security for a nationwide financial institution's government payment processing platforms. This environment has been designated National Critical Infrastructure (NCI) by the United States Department of Homeland Security and handled approximately one trillion dollars per fiscal year on behalf of the U.S. government.
- Heather Leigh Flannery
- Heather is the Health Circle Global Lead at ConsenSys and the Co-Founder and Board Chair of Blockchain in Healthcare Global ("BiHG"), a new 501(c)6 trade association organized under the IEEE ISTO launching in Q4 2018. She chairs the IEEE SA P2418.6 Standards Development Working Group (blockchain in healthcare and life sciences) and serves as the FY19 Co-Chair of the global HIMSS Blockchain in Healthcare Task Force. Ms. Flannery is also an Innovation Fellow at EP3 Foundation, has served as Industry Faculty for the United States Department of Health and Human Services Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (US HHS ONC) and is an active consultant, advisor, and keynote speaker. Prior to ConsenSys and BiHG, she founded and led Obesity Prevention, Policy, and Management, Inc. ("Obesity PPM"), an innovative provider of disease management, population health, research administration, and information technology managed services for health systems in the Americas, and an early adopter of distributed ledger technology.
- John Riley III
- John Riley III is the CEO and Co-Founder of C-N-C Blockchain Advisory company. He has over 17 years’ experience in the software applications space working for companies like Oracle and SAP. He has primarily worked in the consulting services sector assisting organizations with their software implementations, business process changes, digital transformation initiatives, and end-user adoption training. He has spoken at various Blockchain conferences and events, and was recognized in Bitcoin Magazine in 2017 for his work with Blockchain Meet-Up groups. He is also a U.S. Marine war veteran. He is the Organizer of the BlockEv West Palm Beach Blockchain Meet-Up group and Co-Organizer of the West Palm Beach Linux Foundation Hyperledger Blockchain Meet-Up group.
- Anthony Catalano
- Anthony is the Director, Security and Privacy Services @ RSM US LLP. He focuses on the health care and technology industries, and has over 12 years of management consulting experience. He assists clients with executive management decisions surrounding information security and other complex projects that align with an organization’s core business values. Anthony is able to leverage the knowledge base of cybersecurity subject matter experts to develop customized solutions that support a stable and secure environment. Anthony focuses on developing and improving qualitative and quantitative risk assessment methodologies that assist health care and technology clients in understanding and mitigating information security, operational and financial risk. He has assisted domestic and international Fortune 500 clients with alignment to vertical specifics standards and frameworks, including National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), HITRUST, International Organization for Standardization (ISO), European Union Safe Harbor, North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), HIPAA and Payment Card Industry (PCI)
- Dr. Christ Pavlatos
- As CEO and Founder of PatientMD, Dr. Pavlatos is a Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery and Internal Medicine. He is a practicing Orthopedic Surgeon for over 20 years with Illinois Bone and Joint Institute. He has an MBA from Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management. He is on the Board of the Independent Physician Association of America, representing over 250,000 physicians. Dr. Pavlatos is a member of Xcertia, an AMA led organization focused on mHealth App guidelines.
- Chris Murphy
- Chris is in Technical Sales and Client Delivery @ PETRAM DATA. He has more than 18 years of business experience in the BI, big data and analytics space, which includes business development, account management and growth, major systems architecture, management, development, and implementation. He is a self-motivated business professional with a history of leadership, strategic planning, portfolio growth and retention, and delivery effectiveness. Chris is a strong solution architect with a balance of functional and technical understanding to guide effective and useful solutions. His expertise includes managing, providing direction and leadership to teams, process improvement, creating implementation architecture models, developing project plans, gathering business requirements and translating them into high-level design documents. Chris has excellent communication and interpersonal skills and is a highly motivated professional with a drive to keep abreast of changing technology. He has the ability to navigate through details and keep the team focused on critical tasks and milestones.
- Discussion Moderated by:
- Carolyn V. Metnick
- Co-Chair, Privacy, Cybersecurity, & Emerging Technologies Practice @ Akerman LLP
- Carolyn V. Metnick