Use of AI in Healthcare
The Clubhouse, 298 Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook
The digital transformation of healthcare has made large amounts of healthcare data available from electronic health records, telehealth, numerous medical and mobile devices, and other technologies. Especially with the constant accumulation of healthcare data, the task of analyzing all available information and rapidly using the data to improve care quality and delivery is too great without additional technology. Research and development efforts are exploring how artificial intelligence (AI) can data to improve healthcare.
How can AI be used in healthcare? Join us to hear from individuals in the field and discuss:
- In what areas and how is AI used in healthcare?
- How will using AI with large amounts of data improve healthcare delivery?
- How does AI support and improve patient care?
- What does the future hold for AI in healthcare?
- Alaa Alsadi, MD – Board-Certified Pathologist; Clinical Informatics Fellow at the University of Illinois at Chicago; co-founder of the Diagnosis Protocol
- Scott Briercheck – Chief Scientist, nThrive
- Supreet Arora – Data & Analytics Practice Area Lead, Slalom Consulting
- Syed Fahad – Co-Founder and Corporate Vice President, Mazik Global
More information on our panelists:
Dr. Al Alsadi
Dr. Alsadi is a board-certified Pathologist. He is currently in his final year of Clinical Informatics Fellowship at the University of Illinois in Chicago (UIC). Dr. Alsadi’s career interests are in Digital Pathology, Data Visualization, Deep Learning for Image Analysis, and other innovative technologies such as Blockchain. He is a co-founder of the Diagnosis Protocol, an image annotation work option for doctors, on which his work won the 2018 People’s Choice Award by the Society of Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM).
Scott Briercheck is Chief Scientist at nThrive where he is dedicated to leading the inception, development, creation and deployment of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Solutions for all phases of the revenue cycle. Scott’s team is comprised of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Domain Experts who perform the analysis, modeling, and engineering required to develop and deliver Machine Learning and AI solutions. Scott has twenty-five years of experience successfully leading Healthcare and Industry organizations in AI, Machine Learning, Software Engineering, and Scalable Architectures.
Supreet Arora is a data and analytics leader in Slalom’s Chicago market. He brings over 10 years of experience leveraging data and analytics to solve complex business problems in the healthcare industry. His areas of expertise include patient engagement, population health, and risk stratification.
Syed Fahad is the Co-founder and Corporate Vice President of Mazik Global Inc. He brings more than 20 years of experience as a global business leader in innovative technology. Syed leads a dynamic team of healthcare and technology professionals to deliver cutting-edge solutions for value-based care. He is dedicated to advancing Microsoft initiatives for the healthcare industry through the MazikCare platform. Syed has a Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence from the Illinois Institute of Technology.
Timing and event activities:
- 5:30pm – 6:15pm – Networking reception
- 6:15pm – 7:15pm – Welcome & introductions, then each speaker expresses his/her point of view for 10-15 min
- 7:15pm – 8:00pm – Moderated discussion
- 8:00pm – 8:30pm – Networking
- Parking is available and free