Webinar: Re-thinking Design Thinking in Healthcare
Design Thinking has been a presence in healthcare since the late 1990s with the work of IDEO and Kaiser Permanente crafting the patient experience. Since that time, there has been much great design work done in healthcare yet the EHR is still poorly accepted by physicians, and clinical staff. This webinar will explore the ways that, using Design Thinking, the EHR experience can be re-crafted to result in note only an improved user experience for physicians, clinical staff, and patients, but also ultimately a more efficient and healthy organization.
- Participants will learn a brief history of Design Thinking as applied to healthcare
- Participants will recognize the stages of the Design Thinking cycle
- Participants will recognize the benefits of applying Design Thinking to organizational transformation, and the pursuit of strategic objectives.
- Participants will be able to provide at least one example of design thinking impact on patient care
- Participants will be able to provide at least one example of design thinking impact on provider experience
- Participates will be able to provide at least one example of how design thinking could help achieve and organizational or process improvement objective.