GIC HIMSS Charity Partnership
Each year, GIC HIMSS strategically partners with one charitable organization with the hope of building meaningful chapter and membership bonds that may last beyond our partnership. It is with this spirit that the GIC Board shares the direct impact that each and every member makes throughout the year.
2018 Charity Partner
One Million Degrees provides comprehensive supports to low-income, highly motivated community college students to help them succeed in school, in work, and in life. OMD offers financial, professional, academic and personal support that empowers scholars to transform their lives and those around them for generations. OMD Scholars graduate at twice the state average with the skills and experiences necessary to launch economically mobile careers.
For the 2017-2018 Academic Year, OMD currently partners with 10 Chicago-area community colleges, serves 800 community college students, and recruits 650+ volunteer coaches.
Examples of how our Chapter Members have contributed:
- GIC HIMSS Events
- Annual GIC HIMSS Charity Golf Tournament - Charity Partner participation and chance to address members. A portion of proceeds from golf, raffle and ancillary sales donated
- Annual Philanthropy Holiday Party - Pure networking event with spotlight on Charity Partner and community service. Ticket sale proceeds donated.
- Continual building of Charity Partner awareness via GIC HIMSS website, newsletters, events and collaboration
- New GIC HIMSS Clothing Drive - Gently used business attire donations collected at in-person events (participating events contain charity partner icon)
- New Charity Partnership Donation Opportunities - For those who would like to directly donate to the GIC HIMSS Charity Partner, our website will allow for direct links to do so