GIC HIMSS Charity Partnership
Each year, GIC HIMSS strategically partners with one charitable organization with the hope of building meaningful chapter and membership bonds that may last beyond our partnership. It is with this spirit that the GIC Board shares the direct impact that each and every member makes throughout the year.
2017 Charity Partner
The Boulevard: The Road to Health and Home provides a healing environment and resources to help ill and injured homeless adults restore their health, rebuild their lives and regain self-sufficiency. The Boulevard is the only organization of its kind in Illinois: providing coordinated care and a full range of resources for holistic human healing. Since our founding as Interfaith House in 1994, we have provided medical respite care to over 7,500 formerly homeless individuals.
Examples of how our Chapter Members have contributed:
- GIC HIMSS Events
- Annual Philanthropy Holiday Party - Introduction of Charity Partner to members with proceeds donated
- Annual GIC HIMSS Charity Golf Tournament - A portion of proceeds from golf, raffle and ancillary sales donated
- Continual building of Charity Partner awareness via GIC HIMSS website, newsletters, events and collaboration
- New GIC HIMSS Clothing Drive - Gently used business attire donations collected at in-person events (participating events contain charity partner icon)
- New Charity Partnership Donation Opportunities - For those who would like to directly donate to the GIC HIMSS Charity Partner, our website will allow for direct links to do so