The “Student Engagement Program” (SEP) was born due to the passion and commitment of GIC HIMSS board members with a common goal to move the Chapter forward, continue to grow and remain relevant for decades to come.
Career Development Fair - Annual (Spring)
The Greater Illinois Chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (GIC HIMSS) holds an annual Career Development Fair to help you further your career! The event brings together members and students interested in a career or advancing their career in Health Information Technology.
Attendees include students, providers, and professionals from the medical community, as well as consulting firms, vendor organizations, and university officials. The event features a panel of industry experts representing entry level, mid-level management, and the C-suite who will discuss the career strategies, the path they have taken and how they succeed in their roles.
- HIMSS Student Membership - $30 ($199 Value) Join Today!
- Coming Soon - Local Internship Opportunities
- HIMSS - The Career Institute
- PMI’s Essentials of Project Management Course - Member Discount
- Health IT Certifications - CAHIMS & CPHIMS
Healthcare IT Academic Program Spotlight: Elmhurst College
- Graduate Certificate Program